- 26 million people live with Schizophrenia
Today is mental health awareness day and the spotlight is on Schizophrenia. Let me tell you about the signs and symptoms.
- Delusions - unusual beliefs
- Hallucinations - seeing things and/or hearing things that are not there
- behavioural changes
- muddled thoughts - come from the hallucinations & delusional thoughts.
The exact causes are not known but some believe the following can be classed as a cause.
- Genetics - it can run in families, although this is not certain
- Pregnancy and birth complications
Triggers for those at risk from the condition
- Drug abuse
If you or your loved one are showing signs of Schizophrenia please go to your doctor who will put you in touch with your local community mental health team and will also give you the support you need.
For more information please visit the following