Friday 24 July 2015

Coffee Morning Success


 On July 11th, I held a charity coffee morning to raise funds for Chest, Heart and Stroke Scotland. I have spoke about why I chose to raise money for CHSS. I decided to hold the event in memory of my gran, who passed away 25 years ago.



I was lucky enough to receive amazing homemade cakes from friends, family and a local cafe.  Tunnocks and Lees of Scotland donated yummy teacakes,biscuits and other tasty little treats too. Companies such as TK Maxx, Gambado and Rangers sent me lovely prizes for the silent auction and raffle. I am most grateful for everything I received to ensure the day was a success.



On the morning, my sister and her boyfriend helped me and James to set the hall up. I was incredibly nervous and worried that hardly anyone would turn up.  Everything was ready to go I just needed people to start coming in the door.  Sadly, I did not get a massive turn out which if I am honest really broke my heart as we had put so much work into the event, it was even advertised in the local paper. I am grateful that 14 people did take the time to come along, buy lots of yummy treats and buy some raffle tickets too. 

We were left with a lot of cakes which I gave to some friends and we had some left for us too but money was donated for these cakes as it was only fair. I also had a Just Giving page running for those who could not make it but wanted to donate money.

So my target was £200 and I managed to raise an amazing £251. I am over the moon as are CHSS.  Here is where that money will go.

£50 will provide two hours of warm and friendly reassurance from our registered nurses on our Advice Line (0808 811 0899) providing support not only for those affected but their families too. A listening ear when it is needed most.

£200 will pay for two people to attend a 9 week COPD self management course, enabling them to meet others with long term chest illness and learn how to slow the progression of their currently incurable condition.


CHSS will receive the final amount donated on Monday 27th July.

I really hope I made my gran proud.


27 comments:

  1. Well done on raising so much money for such a fab and worth cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done you! What an amazing success and such a great cause. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done hunnie, what a great success x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you didn't get the turn out you wanted but you still did really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you xx I am delighted I got my target and very grateful

      Delete
  5. Aw Angela I am sure that you made your gran proud what an incredible woman you are. The people that did not turn up should be ashamed that they did support such a wonderful cause. Well done for reaching your target though!http://www.fadedspring.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent on raising the money and for working hard to set up the coffee morning. Sorry you didn't get a huge turnout, that's a shame - events can be like that, not fair. But super that you exceeded your target.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. events can be a bit hit or miss. thank you for your kind words x

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on the money your raised and effort you put in! And even though it wasn't a huge turn out it sounds like a great event x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much :) looking back it was good, quiet, but good x

      Delete
  8. Well done on raising so much money - it is a lovely feeling isnt it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on doing so well with your target and smashing it. Shame you didn't get the turnout you wanted but it sounds like it still went well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) i was over the moon to have reached the target and going over it made me cry, happy tears of course x

      Delete
  10. Well done for beating your target, sounds like you put lots of effort in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic! I think this is a great cause. I have just come out of hospital after suffering a life threatening asthma attack, I have to attend some physical therapy and other courses to help with the severity of my asthma. They are fabulous! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my goodness i hope you're ok? thank you for your kind words.x

      Delete
  12. i know how much it mans for this cause , my sister has survived many times heart operations and such , weldone on raising awareness

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow great cause good idea and well done you. Im a stroke nurse and see the input people need after having a stroke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I also want to thank you for the hard but wonderful job you do. My dad had a stroke back in 1999 he survived thank goodness but it was a very hard and upsetting time. If it wasn't for nurses like you goodness knows what would have happened x

      Delete
  14. Well done you- what a fantastic achievement. You should be very proud of yourself. Kaz x

    ReplyDelete