Sunday 2 October 2016

Strictly Fever




Autumn, a change in the seasons, beautiful leaves falling from the trees in stunning,vibrant reds and browns. Such a beautiful time of year. For me, Autumn also means my favourite show is back, Strictly Come Dancing.

I absolutely adore the show.  Gorgeous dresses, the glitz, the glamour and the beautiful dancing. Ever since I attended my first dance class many years ago (disco), I fell in love with dance. It is magical and something I can easily get lost in.

Watching Strictly brings back all those feelings. The training, the frustration, the nerves of performing and the incredible buzz you get once the music starts and the lights hit you.  I remember when I was 18 and I agreed to take part in a charity cabaret show, which then turned into 3. Our final show was the biggest and had a crowd of almost 200. This might not seem like much but I would dance in an empty room just because I love it so much.  I loved going to rehearsals twice a week and my old dance teacher welcomed me back into class so I could get back into the swing of things.



I must admit I do have a few favourite pro dancers on the show but my all time favourite has to be the wonderful Brendan Cole. He doesn't take nonsense from the judges, one in particular, is a great teacher, stands up for his partner, after all they are not professionals and it takes guts to go out there and dance and finally he is an amazing dancer. If I was ever to be on Strictly, I would want to dance with him.   

Now, I know I will never be on Strictly, I'm no celeb after all, but wouldn't it be great fun just to experience dancing with a fantastic professional dancer with a live band playing your music and a large audience? That would be a dream come true.  For now, however, I will need to make do with dancing around my kitchen when I am supposed to be doing the dishes, Oops did I say that out loud?


12 comments:

  1. I dance around the kitchen all the time!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes the boring housework much more entertaining x

      Delete
  2. I must admit, I don't watch it regularly but I did watch last night and quite enjoy it. The dresses are beautiful and I would absolutely love to be able to dance like that so I can see why you love watching it so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dresses are amazing. The pro's make it look so effortless x

      Delete
  3. I don't watch it I must admit, but I like the spectacle of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all the glamour, wouldn't mind getting my hair all done nice and my make up plus wearing a gorgeous dress. A girl can dream lol x

      Delete
  4. Ha ha ha - when I'm doing the dishes I practice being a pop star and sing as loud as I can ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Singing when doing the dishes makes the task fun. We live in a first floor flat, and the block across from me can see in my window but they can count it as a free concert lol x

      Delete
  5. We've really got into Strictly again this series. My five year old keeps pointing out Daisy. I think he rather likes her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so addictive!! She is a brilliant dancer. Awww bless him hehe x

      Delete
  6. We love stricktly here , It is the one reality TV show apart from Bake off that we all watch as a family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same!! I love my Strictly and Bake Off. Dancing and cakes? Perfect lol x

      Delete