Wednesday 4 June 2014

Hormone imbalance and anxiety

Hello everyone.

For the last 2 years I have had issues with my time of the month. I wont go into every symptom as I am sure the men reading this may get a bit squeamish lol.

I get dizzy, feel sick, very tired, moody, appetite increases and other symptoms I wont mention.

Every couple of months I get a break from it. I have been to my doctor many times, I was sent for a smear test and was told if it came back clear, which it did, I would be referred for more tests. This made me so so happy. I went back to that GP who referred me for the smear and he said "oh no no I am no referring you. This is coming from your anxiety" I was so angry, frustrated and upset.  My mum, who came with me, was stunned.

I have been to A&£ with pains and everything and they have written to my doctor recommending I be referred but I am still waiting.

Me being me I keep going back trying to push for a referral but they always say the same "it's your anxiety"

I know anxiety can increase around the time of the month due to hormones but this is the first time it has ever happened to me.

When my problems first started I was no having issues with anxiety at all so I know what they are saying is not true not that they listen.

So I decided to do a little research of my own and I have two different possibilities: PMS or Menopause. Yes I know menopause my be far fetched for a 33 year old but it is still a possibility and 95% of my symptoms point that way. I know there is some sort of hormone imbalance but the doctors deny it.

I am going back on Friday and I am going to refuse until I get referred.

Determined to get the answers I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment