As you may already know, we are off on holiday in June so me being me decided to look into getting the toiletries we would need for our time away and start getting it in and putting it away. One of the biggest things on my list was a decent factor 50 sun block for the kids. The lotion I was after was £16.99 in the shops and I refuse to pay that price. Then I found Chemist Direct and I couldn't believe my eyes
I had £50 to spend on holiday goodies so I went straight to the travel shop section. The first thing I added to my basket was the Nivea sensitive Kids factor 50 sun block, the exact one I was after the only difference was the price. Chemist Direct were selling it for £8.49, I was delighted to get such a great product for an even better price!
As I continued on my little shopping spree, I came across even more big name brands at great prices! Pampers sensitive wipes were £1.50 instead of £2.50 and my favourite deodorant, Dove was only £1.99. You can find other big brands such as Lynx, Colgate, Oral B and Carex to name a few.
I must admit I was very tempted by the range of cosmetics that were on offer too, Vichy, Clinique and Rimmel all shouting out buy me, buy me but I was good! I don't think James would have been to happy to see my already massive make up collection grow!
One item I have been after for a long time but always struggled to find it Dermol Emollient. I had been given it when I was pregnant with Sophie as I had terribly dry and itchy skin. Dermol worked wonders and when it was finished I was actually quite upset! I found it on the website and immediately added it to my basket and again I got it cheaper, £5.59.
After I selected all my items, which took a while as I was looking at all the bargains to be had, I clicked on checkout. The process was simple, I signed in to my newly created account, checked that the items were all there and that my delivery details were correct. I then realised I was eligible for free delivery (over £40). Your other delivery options are,
- Super Standard - £3.49 (1-3 days)
- Guaranteed next day delivery before 6pm - £4.75
- Guaranteed next day delivery before 1pm - £6.99
If you are ordering any prescription medication the pharmacist will need to check it before your order can be dispatched so it may delay delivery, which is understandable.
Sadly 2 of the products I ordered were not in stock, one was discontinued, but a refund was offered. The customer service was great, I used the live chat option, and I got to speak to someone straight away and they were friendly and answered all the questions I had.
Here is a list of everything I bought
- Savlon Antiseptic Cream
- Lynx Africa Shower Gel
- Oral-B Classic 123 Twin Toothbrushes
- Bic Classic Razors For Sensitive Skin
- Carex Refreshing Soft Cleansing Wipes x2
- Pampers Sensitive Baby Wipes x2
- Steroplast Washproof Plasters x2
- Wash & Go Classic Care 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner
- Colgate Twister Toothbrush Twin Pack
- Aquafresh Little Teeth Toothpaste 3 - 5 Years. Mild Minty.
- Colgate Blue Fresh Gel Toothpaste
- Carex Moisture Plus Anti-Bacterial Handwash
- Malibu Protective Lotion SPF50
- Dove Deodorant Original Aerosol
- Dove Deep Nourishing Body Wash
- Lynx Africa Deodorant Bodyspray
- Johnson's Baby 2 in 1 Bubble Bath & Wash
- Johnson's Baby Shampoo
- Malibu Aftersun with Tan Extender
- Nivea Sun Kids Pure and Sensitive Sun Spray SPF50
- Dermol 200 Shower Emollient
Have you used Chemist Direct before? If so, what did you think?
To visit Chemist Direct click here
You can find them on Facebook and Twitter