Monday 10 August 2015

What Would You Do?



As you know I have held two charity coffee mornings in the last 8 months. One for SAMH which saw me raise £150 and most recently I held one for Chest, Heart, Stroke Scotland where I raised £251.  Next year I plan on holding another coffee morning for Macmillan.



The reason I am holding another coffee morning is simple, all the family can attend.  If I was told hold a quiz night or race night not many people would attend due to childcare and a lot of places sell alcohol and require children to be off the premises by a certain time.

I am yet to decide on a date and venue but I do have a rough idea of when and where.  I received a coffee morning pack from them in the post today as they are holding the biggest coffee morning on 25th September but as I held one recently I have decided to hold mines next year.

In the pack I received a cake dusting stencil, balloons, cake flags, an eye mask for a fun game, a guess the price game, invites, recipe cards and a nice table cover.  So I have some fun things here already.

I will start contacting companies later this year and early next year for raffle prizes and for cake donations too.

What else would you include if it was your coffee morning?  I want to make it a big success and I would love to hear what awesome tips you have.


37 comments:

  1. Well done you!! Good luck with your next coffee morning, when we have had school fairs it has always been the raffle and tombola that make the most money x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. ooohhh tombola, never thought of that before!! x

      Delete
  2. What an amazing thing to do. I really admire you giving up your time and supporting these amazing causes like this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coffee mornings are fantastic and what some great causes you are ding them for -- good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Who can say no to a cuppa and some cake hehe x

      Delete
  4. good luck, well done for raising that money keep going x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could a cake sale, ask people to bake, quite topical right now with Bake Off x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab thing to do, I hope that it goes really well. I would involve cake and lots of it hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) can't go wrong with lots of cake :) x

      Delete
  7. Coffee morning are so good and very good to all get together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great as all the family can be involved x

      Delete
  8. Good luck with your coffee morning. Asking guests to bring a cake is a great way to get them involved and taste the offerings!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an amazing thing to do. Hope it all goes well :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done! Coffee and Cake is always a winner with everyone. Good luck and hope you raise lots of money

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Oh it certainly is hehe, cake and lots of it xx

      Delete
  11. /I would have something for the kids to do. Perhaps a small ball pit for little ones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ball pit is a lovely idea! Could maybe get face painting for the older kids. thank you xx

      Delete
  12. I love a good coffee morning. Crayons and pictures to colour are great for kids as are a few toys and books. My friend does a lot and gets other people to donate cakes, bread and homemade jams for people to take home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the crayons and colouring in pages at my last event they went down well. Oohh love the idea of the breads and jams (and cakes hehe) thank you xx

      Delete
  13. We do one of these at the school and run a small raffle too

    ReplyDelete
  14. well done on this. I agree rifles everyone loves a good raffle. Sure us bloggers would donate prizes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit I love a good raffle and tombola, aww thanks x

      Delete
  15. Great cause ,Sure us bloggers would donate for a raffle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a cause that is close to everyone's heart I think x

      Delete
  16. I agree with the others, a raffle would be great. I hold a Macmillan coffee morning for my caring locally ward each year. Such an amazing organisation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done you and i hope you continue your successful event :) as you say such an amazing organisation.x

      Delete
  17. I hope it goes well, sounds like you have some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like coffee mornings too. It's a nice way for people to catch up and I much prefer a daytime event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, they are brilliant for a good old catch up and the whole family can get involved x

      Delete
  19. Some kind of game for little ones maybe ?

    ReplyDelete