Sunday 19 September 2021

Calm By The Christmas Tree

 Hi everyone, I hope you are all well. 

It feels like forever since I wrote a post on here but I am back and the blog has a new look and we are kicking things off with a stop on the Calm by the Christmas Tree book tour,

So, grab a cuppa, get settled and away we go,




I was lucky enough to be given a copy of Calm by the Christmas Tree, written by the lovely Katie Burton and it did not disappoint.

One of the things I loved most about this book is, it's full of short stories. This makes it the perfect book to read on your lunch break or when you have 10 minutes to yourself. It also means you won't have to worry about losing your place, which I am good at, if you nod off or need to rush back to work etc.


Are all the stories full of mushy moments?  No. There is something for everyone. Yes, we have the beautiful Christmas stories about families being together, but there are stories of people helping those who need it most, drunken antics of Christmas nights out and murder, yes you read that correctly. 

My favourite stories from the book are, The Snowman Murders, Giving Back at Christmas and Dear Santa, To be fair I loved all the stories but those ones are my favourites,

Katie has really captured the essence of Christmas in each story and the book gives that lovely warm and fuzzy festive feeling. The stories are fun and quirky, written beautifully and something we can all relate to.

Christmas is my favourite tine of year and now I can have it all year round thanks to this wonderful book, 10/10

If you would like to buy this book for yourself or as a gift for the book lover in your family, click here to get your copy.

To connect with Katie, you will find her on Twitter






No comments:

Post a Comment