Thursday 7 June 2018

30 Years Of Memories



We all have a favourite place to go on holiday.  A place that is special to us for different reasons.  For me that place is Berwick Upon Tweed.  When we visit, we always stay at Haven Berwick holiday centre. 



I first visited Berwick 30 years ago! Yes I am that old but if anyone asks I'm only 21. My aunt owned a caravan, The Cheviots 81 (good old TC 81) which looked over the sea.  I used to love waking early to run into the living room to open the curtains just to look at the view.  Sadly my aunt had to give up her caravan and not long after the park started to change and TC 81 was no longer there.



There have been many changes over the 30 years.  The company who owned and ran the site changed names a few time, British holidays, Bourne leisure then Haven.  On the park we used to have the Big Top which was aimed at the young child, the Garden Bar for the teenagers and finally the Headlands which did have entertainment for all after the bingo session finished but as a child it was somewhere you wanted to be as you felt grown up!!  The indoor pool had the best flume ever.  I was never off it.  I spent hours in that pool.  The outdoor pool had large "stepping stones" which separated the shallow end from the deeper end.  That has all changed now.

www.facebook.com/pg/havenofficial


Now, where the Big Top once was housed, is the Owners Exclusive area,  The Garden Bar is now the Brigs Of Tweed restaurant and the Headlands is now the Show Bar.  The indoor pool now has a small, but incredibly steep and very fast (oh trust me, it's fast) flume.  The first time James went on it he said to me "that slide is crazy, takes your breath away" I didn't believe him and went on it thinking it would be quite tame. Wow he was right. Before I knew it I was in the pool totally confused as to how I got there so fast! It's great fun. The outdoor pool now is separated into 2, with the smaller section being for the young and non-swimmer.  There is also a splash zone with water jets that spray you. It is awesome on a roasting hot day

Honestly it is steeper than it looks.

One thing that has not changed over the years is the fantastic atmosphere, outstanding service and great family entertainment.  We have shouted at the bad guy during the wrestling, came up close to gorgeous owls, skunks and meerkat (best experience ever), screamed "behind you" during the panto and taken part in crafts activities, interactive science and story telling sessions and the odd game of prize bingo!!  The children have taken part in archery, fencing and football sessions too.






One of my absolute favourite things to do it walk along the cliff top walk.  The views are absolutely gorgeous and with a swing park being situated at the beach, it is the perfect place to sit and soak in everything around you.  I also like to take the children on a walk to find the little statues of different creatures too.



There is just so much to do at Berwick Holiday park for kids and the big kids too!! You honestly can't be bored, it is amazing.


 Berwick is only 90 minutes away from us, which is not far at all and it will always be my happy place. The one place that will make me smile whenever I think about it and the only place I want visit for a holiday.


**Our Monday to Friday break for May 2018 cost £204.75 for a 8 berth Prestige Caravan.

No comments:

Post a Comment