Saturday 18 May 2024

Why I Started Blogging - Quick Read

 



10 years ago I decided to start this blog. It wasn't something I actually gave thought to. It was a random event that led me to blog.

It was my son's 4th birthday and it had been a busy day. That night I felt anxious and I had no idea why (I do now). It passed quickly that night thankfully and I said to my husband I wish I could do something that would raise awareness for mental health and that is how the blog was born.

Those first few weeks I posted a lot about different mental health conditions and how to get the help needed and how to support a loved one during that scary time. Those posts done quite well and it made me want to write more and more.

From there I went on to write about other things such as product reviews, guest posts and posts about life in general. Again, the posts were well received and people commented and shared their thoughts and opinions. It was great as it opened up conversations.

As the blog grew, I found myself part of a wonderful blogging community. I had joined a group on Facebook and it was so lovely to be able to get advice and help when needed and it also led me to other blogs that were of interest too.

Blogging has given me the space to express myself and gives me a way of reaching out and raising awareness. Something that may help that one person get the help and support they need.

No comments:

Post a Comment