Thursday 8 May 2014

Charity post - Kidney Research UK

My Aunt Margaret is raising money for Kidney Research UK and she hopes to raise £1000
Story

"Thanks for taking the time to visit my Just Giving page
In 2001 my son suffered renal failure and spent 20 months on dialysis before receiving a living donor transplant from his father. Unfortunately in 2013 this failed many people think transplant is a cure it is not its a treatment as is dialysis 3 people die every day whilst waiting on a transplant dialysis is a gruelling regime being hooked up to a machine 3 times a week for approx 6 hours is not a choice its vital in treating a person whilst they wait for a transplant, for others this will be their life as for many reasons they are not well enough for transplant due to other factors. A leading researcher has told me that 2 years ago he would not have believed that it was possible to grow a kidney in lab conditions but it has been done this gives hope for stem cell therapy in the future but ...... this needs funding and that's why I ask for your support. Thank you every penny helps no amount too small"


Please share or ,only if you would like to, donate. As my Aunt said "every penny helps, no amount too small."

https://www.justgiving.com/margaret-mccutcheon1

Thank you from Margaret and myself xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment