Friday 16 May 2014

Public Opinions on mental health - MHAW day 5

Today I received an email from an organisation who conducted a survey to find out what the public know about mental health conditions and what they really think of those who have the conditions.  The results are staggering.

I was shocked and surprised at some of the opinions for example: There is still as stigma that people suffering from mental health issues are more likely to be violent, but actually only 5% of violent crimes are committed by people with severe mental illness

Below is the full results of the survey. I would like to thank Mediacom for contacting me and  Benenden Health  for allowing me to publish the results.


Mental health awareness results infographic
Mental Health Awareness Results Infographic by benenden health

http://www.mediacom.com/en/home

No comments:

Post a Comment