Saturday 18 April 2015

Perfect For A Busy Household


With 2 children, and also a puppy, our house can get a little hectic at times.  When it comes to the flooring, I feel sorry for my carpets! Crumbs, spillages and the odd stuck on piece of play-doh (argh) I was starting to worry my carpets were not clean enough with just a good old hoover.  Having tried another steam cleaner, which didn't seem to work well, I knew I had to give a better brand a try.



I was lucky enough to be asked to try the Vileda Steam mop.  We all know the Vileda brand and they are now starting to move into electricals, yay! I have used other Vileda cleaning products and have always been impressed so as you can imagine I was more than happy to give the steam mop at try.


As you can see from the above picture, my carpet does get messy (hangs head in shame). The pup likes to destroy her toys hence the bits and pieces in the background.  After a quick hoover it was time to give the steam mop a try.  





The mop comes with 2 microfibre cloths, water jug and carpet glider attachment.  I filled the jug to the top limit, 200ml, and placed it in the opening on the mop.  The mop took less than 20 seconds to heat to maximum temperature which is very quick! 



The steam mop can fit into tight corners as it has a swivel head which is a big bonus as other steam cleaners don't have that.  I used the steam mop for 10 minutes as we have a small hall but the water can last up to 28 minutes.  I also noticed that very little water was released yet my carpet looked incredible after the first use.  

After


We have had these carpets down for almost 3 years and after just one use my carpet looked brand new again.  All that deep down dirt had been lifted and I was incredibly happy with the results.  The mop can also be used on sealed hard floors (including wood floors).  The microfibre pads can also be machine washed which is fantastic.  The best thing for me is knowing that it kills 99.9% of bacteria, with 2 children this is important to me knowing the floors are as clean as can be.

I am delighted with the Vileda Steam Mop and 100% recommend it.  

If you would like to try the Vileda Steam mop, it can be purchased here priced at £89.99.

To find out more about Vileda you can visit their website here or over on Facebook







34 comments:

  1. I always hear good things about these steam mops - we definitely need on of them! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get one! They make such a difference x

      Delete
  2. Need it, need it, need it! I didn't realise they worked on carpets as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the fact it works, very well, on carpets.Not many steam mops do. Its awesome x

      Delete
  3. Oooh this looks fab - thanks for the recommendation x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. I am delighted with it my carpets look awesome again xx

      Delete
  4. I am liking the sound of this, I definitely do need a new steam mop x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks fab i love cleaning products :-0

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have one of these and found it great for my vinyl floor and to clean the windows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fab isn't it. My floors have never looked so spotless x

      Delete
  7. I love steam mops, this one sounds like a good make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great steam mop and an added bonus is the cable stretches quite far too x

      Delete
  8. It looks fab, I love the shape of the head, perfect for corners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it makes it sooo much easier as very often steam cleaners dont get into the hard to reach corners x

      Delete
  9. I can't believe I've never tried a steam mop. I might even get even with the house if I had one!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks really great! Although I do adore my Karcher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fab. Must admit I haven't tried Karcher but I love my Vileda x

      Delete
  11. What a great sounding mop - I love that it is so easy to use! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its fantastic! Its so lightweight which is good since I have hardly any upper body strength lol x

      Delete
  12. It looks fantastic! My carpet could definitely benefit from me having one of these ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. honestly, my carpet looks amazing and in such a short space of time. I love it x

      Delete
  13. I love my steam cleaner - wouldnt be without it now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really want a steam mop but I've never got around to buying one :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, how fab! Mummy is about to try a Karcher one x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it. My carpets are spotless hehe. Ooohh enjoy xx

      Delete
  16. we have a steam mob too, love it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a great thing to have! I would be lost without it x

      Delete
  17. Ooh cool, I've always wanted something like this. Looks mega easy to use, beats the old mop and bucket! I had no idea you could clean carpet too though, fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI. I was over the moon when I read it could be used on carpet! With 2 kids and, now, a puppy it really is a must have for this house! It is very easy to use so light and only takes roughly 15 seconds if that to be ready to use x

      Delete