Tuesday 7 April 2015

Primark - Oh How I Love You



With summer just round the corner, I decided to have a good look through the kid's wardrobes and see what they had and what they needed.  I am a big fan of Primark, especially for Summer clothes!
Today I went to the Stirling store to have a look at their Spring/Summer range.


I must admit, this is the first time in over a year that I have been out to a large shopping centre so it was a big step today.  I had a little wobble but I kept going and just as well because I got some incredible bargains!

I decided to get the children's clothes first and the choice was great in general but I did have trouble finding some of the items in my daughters size (3-4) and could not find shorts for either of them but that is not a big problem.



The first thing I picked up was a lovely pair of dark jeans for Liam and as he is very skinny I was grateful to see they had an adjustable waistband, yay!  I also selected Spiderman Swim shorts, a lovely smart shirt and some underwear for him too.  If I had to pick my favourite item for Liam I would choose the shirt, £3. It can be dressed up or dressed down, a must have for every little boy I think.



I then moved over to the girls department. So many gorgeous dresses to choose from so it was hard to make a decision.  For Sophie I selected a lovely floral dress, swim costume, leggings, jeans, again with adjustable waistband, underwear and a beautiful Disney Frozen long top. My favourite from Sophie's items is the Frozen top, it was only £3 which is a fantastic bargain and she loves it.

James didn't need much but I couldn't leave him out!  I bought him a new pair of swim shorts, which at £3.50 you can't go wrong, and a new pair of jeans which were only £12.  The men's collection for spring/summer has something to suit all tastes, Denim shorts, football shorts, a selection of bright T-shirts, short sleeved shirts, vests and great selection of footwear.




I spent a good 20 minutes wandering around looking for something for me.  I had picked the shoes out (£5) quite quickly but the hard choice was which dress to pick. The styles and colours were absolutely gorgeous and I settled on a nice, fresh mint coloured skater dress (£5) which sits nicely.  It would have been all too easy to spend a good hour looking at the vast array of blouses, vests, dresses, tops and skirts.  There was also a great selection of swimwear from swimsuits to tankini's, so again, something for everyone.

If you are looking for holiday clothes or just to update your wardrobe the new spring/summer collection at Primark is both amazing and affordable.  

To find your closest store click here or to have a look at some of the items on offer click here



**In conjunction with Primark

32 comments:

  1. I love Primark for children's clothes, because they grow out of them so quick, it's better to get a bit more for your money. I do miss having little girls to buy for though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. I don't like paying an absolute fortune for clothes they will grow out of within 5 minutes! Their kids range is fantastic

      Delete
  2. Wow, you managed to pick up some fab bargains x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all love a bargain! My sister got a beautiful skirt for £1 amazing x

      Delete
  3. What a lovely collection of cloths and good value for money too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's what I love about Primark, the amazing value x

      Delete
  4. Some lovely bits - will keep the children going through the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have went mad in the shop so many nice things! x

      Delete
  5. I LOVE Primark for stocking up for holidays; both hubs and the boy have had their holiday wardrobe from here :D Just wish they did plus sizes x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a dress which is a size 20 on the label but looks more of an 18 which is fine. They should do bigger sizes I agree, then maybe I could buy more x

      Delete
  6. Spiderman swimming shorts! Ace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so cool and were £5 which is cheap for Spiderman

      Delete
  7. Sadly we don't have a Primark near us, so whenever we do see one I seem to have husband and/or son in tow and they have very limited patience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no!! Tell them they can go for a wander while you shop lol. My husband dreads me going into Primark as I spend hours in there hehe x

      Delete
  8. We don't have a Primark too nearby which I always think is a shame, they seem to do some great and funky clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame :( I am quite lucky as I have Primark in Glasgow 20 mins away in one direction and Primark Stirling which is 20 mins away in the other direction x

      Delete
  9. I need to get some cheap and cheerful holiday bits and will be hitting primark shortly

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love Primark, great shop and always competitive prices

    ReplyDelete
  11. Primark is great for kids - so many pretty clothes, and at such a reasonable price. I can usually find a frock or two that I like there, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids clothes are lovely and like you say such a reasonable price. I cant be paying a fortune for clothes that last 5 minutes x

      Delete
  12. Primark is so hit and miss but you can definitely find some gems in there. Particularly for children, who ruin or grow out of things at such a scary speed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cant believe how quick my 2 grow. I also agree that it is very hit and miss. Just your luck if you are quick enough to get a bargain

      Delete
  13. I want to love Primark but all our local stores are so manic i loose my cool and normally walkout halfway round .. plus they dont really cater for larger sizes :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stirling was busy but it is usually Glasgow that is crazy busy. I got a lovely size 20 dress and it fits perfectly. Why not write to them and suggest they carry bigger sizes? I have heard a few people who are planning to write to them x

      Delete
  14. That sounds as though you are all set for summer. My daughter is a Primark fan but we have to go to London as we don't have one near us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are now :) I can only imagine how massive the Primark in London is x

      Delete
  15. I love a bargain as much as the next person but have uncomfortable questions about the true price of discount fashion. I acknowledge Primark were quick to start making compensation payments directly to garment workers impacted by the Rana Plaza factory collapse in Bangladesh nearly two years ago in which 1,100 died, and that they've made the biggest contribution of all the retailers to the Rana Plaza Trust Fund ($12m) but I think as consumers we play a role too.
    We've had a revolution in the food industry in Britain with top chefs encouraging people to question a production process that delivers £5 chickens. We need to be just as critical of the rag trade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember reading about that when it happened. Tragic :-(

      Delete