Monday 27 April 2015

The Edinburgh Tea & Coffee Company


I love tea and I have tried all sorts of different flavours from normal to decaf to cranberry. My husband is more of a coffee fan and, like me, has tried all different types.  We are always on the lookout for unique blends and flavours.





The Edinburgh Tea & Coffee Company were kind enough to send me over some of their teas and coffees for me to try. I was very excited knowing I had tea on the way, yes I love tea that much.  The reason I was ever more excited, the flavours are very different and, well, very Scottish. So for a good old girl from Glasgow this was perfect for me.


When I opened the package I was delighted to see a lovely box, The Scottish Collection, which has 4 different varieties of tea, Thistle, Whisky, Heather and Scottish Breakfast Tea.  The difficult part was choosing which tea to try first.  I finally decided to try the thistle tea.

I know it sounds like a strange flavour but it is a lovely mild tea, which in a way reminds me of Earl Grey (but not as strong).  I found it to be very refreshing on a hot day.  They make this particular tea using the actual flowers from the head of the thistle.  This is a tea I would happily buy again and again.
  

Next I tried the Heather tea.  The tea had a slight earthy taste to it, which some may not like, but at the same time it was really tasty.  As I mentioned earlier I like unique flavours and this certainly falls into that category.  This is quite a strong tea.  Real Heather blossoms are used in the making of this tea.

I tried the Scottish breakfast tea and this was my favourite! A great cup of tea, full of flavour yet quite mild at the same time.  Perfect accompaniment to my toast in the mornings.  Yet again, a tea I would be happy to buy more of.

The last tea I tried was the Whisky flavour, yes you read that correctly I said whisky.  This is a very strong tea and while there is a hint of whisky in the flavour, you can really smell it.  Don't worry it is in fact non-alcoholic, however the smell and taste would make you think it was real whisky.  I like the tea but this is a once in a while cuppa for me


My husband tried the coffee for me, as I can't drink it.  The coffee can only be made with filters or in a cafetiere.  The first flavour he tried was Hazelnut and this was his absolute favourite.  The coffee was a little like drinking a nutty chocolate spread but not as sickening.  It is quite mild flavour.


The Colombian medium roast was next on his list.  This coffee was very rich yet enjoyable. Very aromatic. I honestly love the smell of coffee wafting through the house. Smooth tasting, not as strong as some, yet not weak either, and is still full flavoured.


The Kenya light medium roast was next to be tasted.  This is the weakest, flavour wise, so if you are not a fan of very strong coffee then this is for you.  Very pleasant taste, nice and light. 


Lastly, the Java medium dark roast blend.  This was quite strong, full flavoured coffee that had a slight hint of chocolate to it.  My husband said he has never had coffee that was as strong as this before but he really like it.

Overall we are very happy with the teas and coffee that we tried and would buy more or less all of them again in future and they would also make fantastic gifts too. 

Finally, Edinburgh Tea & Coffee Company have also stepped up their game on the social media front, with lots of tea and coffee related chat combined with interesting pictures and videos.  So if you like that sort of a thing, they are well worth a LIKE or a FOLLOW on Facebook and Twitter.






12 comments:

  1. Oooh I love the idea of Heather tea...and whisky tea! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely! So different to anything else I have tried. Would buy them again and again x

      Delete
  2. Got to love a really great cup of tea, I want the Whiskey flavour one! I drink coffee less often but when I do it has to be worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cant beat a good cup of tea. You would like their coffee if you are after that something special to enjoy x

      Delete
  3. I am a huge Coffee fan have a cup each day always on the look out for new ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband is the same and I can honestly say i have never seen him drink so much coffee each day until now lol. He usually only had 2 cups max x

      Delete
  4. I tried the teas when we stayed the night at The Peat Inn for our Anniversary recently :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww lovely, I hope you had a lovely time. Did you like the teas? x

      Delete
  5. Hmmm....I do love a good cup of tea, and I'm very interested in trying out new types. I like the sound of most of these, except the whisky one. I prefer my whisky neat and non-tea-like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha fair enough! The other teas are nice too, never thought I would say "I have tried Thistle tea" if you try them let me know what you think x

      Delete
  6. Whiskey tea? Wonder if that would help with a cold

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will need to try it when I have the cold and see if it helps x

      Delete