Saturday 25 April 2015

Sneezes Be Gone!



With the gorgeous warm weather comes a a rather annoying condition, hay fever!  As soon as the grass was cut the itchy eyes, painful sinuses, and runny nose appeared. Maybe this is why I am more of a Winter person!
Thankfully I was given the chance to try a product called AllergieBlock. It is a drug free gel (yay) which means it is safe for more or less everyone and that includes pregnant women and children.  Unlike some allergy treatments, there is no drowsiness after use which is another massive bonus.



It is not only for people who have hay fever, it can be used to protect against the following

  • Dust Mites
  • Ragweed
  • Pollen
  • Pet Dander


I am usually limited to what I can use due to asthma but as this is drug free, and I checked with my doctor (always best to check, I couldn't wait to give it a try.  It comes in a small tube which can easily be kept in your pocket or bag, and the tube contains 150 applications.  The gel itself is clear and can be worn over or under makeup. AllergieBlock is very quick and easy to use.  I didn't want to scar you all by including pictures of my nose so here are some illustrations which will show you how to use the gel.

First of all, squeeze a small amount onto your finger. Rub between your forefinger and thumb before applying it to your skin.








Apply a thin layer around your nostrils and above your upper lip.  









Apply after showering, after large meals and  before bedtime.










See simple isn't it.  I have been applying it after my morning shower, then just after lunch, after dinner then at bed time.  I leave 4 hours between applications.  

I am sure you are wondering how this gel actually works to help prevent allergens entering your nose?  The gel has a slight positive charge which traps allergens, as named above, blocking them from entering the body through the nose and in turn helps to avoid an allergic reaction.

So far I am very happy with the product and I will continue to use it.  I will also keep you updated on my progress as the pollen count continues to rise.

The gel has an RRP of £11.99 and can be purchased at Boots, Superdrug, Alliance Pharmacies and Sainsbury's.

To find out more about AllergieBlock you can visit the website here.


14 comments:

  1. Very interesting - I might give this a go, we all have environmental allergies and are steroid nasal sprays, but my nose is made so sore by them. This would be much better if it worked for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel with the sore nose from the steroid spray as I have one for my dodgy steroids! This is very gentle and you forget it's there!
      Let me know how you get on if you try it x

      Delete
  2. Oh I might have to give this a try - I do suffer from time to time with allergies so might be worth keeping close at hand. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be worth having in your handbag I think. Let me know how you get on if you buy it. Great little product x

      Delete
  3. I always dread the hayfaver season. I'll have to look into this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel. Let me know how you get on x

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a really interesting concept and good that you can use it despite your asthma x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a relief that I have found something I can use. x

      Delete
  5. Oh this looks great, my OH suffers from allergies so I'll forward this on to him. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allergies are horrible! I hope it works for him xx

      Delete
  6. I'll be interested to hear if this works well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good. I am very impressed with the gel x

      Delete
  7. my husband has the worse hayfever ever time he is in the car gets mad sneezes its crazy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hayfever is awful. I hope he gets some relief soon x

      Delete