Monday 6 April 2015

Start Your Own Online Business



Many of my friends have looked into starting their own online business. Everything from selling jewellery they have made to sweet treats and everything in between.  Some of them didn't last long as they were worried it was stopping them from being the mum they wanted to be too.  There is a lot to consider when starting your own business and this is where the "Your Other Baby" coaching programme comes in. The owner, Saskia, answered some of my question.






Tell me a bit about yourself.

Hi Angela! Firstly, I am a mummy to a beautiful 18 month old boy, called Diggory, and loving partner to my best-friend Jim (we’ve been together since school). Secondly, I’m a success coach for ambitious modern mothers who wish to build an inspiring online business. My mission is to support and guide other ladies as they build a business that uses their talents and allows them a lifestyle of flexibility and fulfilment around their families.


When did you come up with the Your Other Baby programme?

At the end of last year. I’d been working for myself for over 7 years, as a copywriter, and becoming a mother made me realise just how lucky I was to be able to set my own schedule and decide how and when I work. I had an urge to do something bigger than writing for corporations, I want to really help people do something special with their lives.

Then I thought about all those other mums who have to head off to work when they’d rather be at home, as well as stay-at-home mums who though they love their children more than anything, feel they have other passions and talents to pursue beyond parenthood.





What were the reasons behind it?

I know there are some ladies out there who feel it in their bones that they should be pursuing their own thing, creating the business of their dreams, and are ready to say ‘I’m actually going to do it!’. But they don’t necessarily know where to start. Or they do, and are willing to go it alone, but it’s just so overwhelming and it would be much nicer to have the support, hand-holding, and strategic advice to make the process enjoyable rather than a complete stress.


What will someone gain from completing the programme?

It’s going to help other driven mothers launch their services into the world in a really confident way!

It’s going to cover the fundamentals of creating a business that you’re really passionate about (and that will actually bring in the income you wish for) as well as the logistics of creating services/packages that really connect with your target market, how to write compelling sales copy, where to find clients, how to market yourself – but most importantly what these ladies are going to gain is such invaluable support. Not only from me, but from the other like-minded women who sign-up. Investing in this sort of support
myself has been invaluable, it’s like having your own personal cheerleaders who keep you inspired and moving forward.

This isn’t just a cheap online course that you download and forget about. This is a unique investment with lots of live feedback along the way that is going to help you say to yourself ‘I’m making this happen!’.


How long is the course?
The programme starts on April 27th and is 9 weeks long, which means you could be showing off ‘your other baby’, and enjoying the joy it brings, by the summer.


How would someone go about signing up for the programme?

You can visit my website and find out more about me or see the programme outlined in full here. I’m also doing a series of limited time audios over the next few weeks, so you can listen to me chatting on various topics related to online business. At the moment it’s all about ‘How To Start Putting Yourself Out There As An Expert, Without Feeling Like A Fraud’, which you can download or stream now.



I would like to thank Saskia for taking time to answer my questions and for telling us about this wonderful programme.  If you are looking to start your own online business and feel you need some support and guidance you can sign up for the Your Other Baby programme here

12 comments:

  1. What a great sounding idea - I'll have to look into this see if it's something that would benefit me thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a brilliant programme! Lef me know what you think x

      Delete
  2. Sounds good - setting up a online business is challenging, but rewarding and it's good to have help when you are starting out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Help is very important, expecially at the start. It really is a great programme

      Delete
  3. It sounds like a great idea especially with the right guidance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the right guidance is very important, especially at the beginning

      Delete
  4. Sounds great. It's becoming increasingly easier to start your own business and a lot riskier too with the guidelines around being a sole trader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. This is why programmes like this are a great thing as it helps you set up your business within the guidelines x

      Delete
  5. This looks fab - my best friend is just setting up an online business so I'll let her know about this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely post , nice to lear more about the person behind the screen , best of luck in your ventures

    ReplyDelete