Sunday 25 January 2015

It's Not Right

Do I look any different? No


Recently I have read some things that have disgusted me and in a way upset me.  So many people are living with various menal health conditions yet people think it's ok to mock them and make them feel worthless. It's not right.


Chances are you have come across people like this and sometimes the person is someone you considered a friend.  I have heard them all over the years "can't you stop being anxious?"  "try to be normal" and my all time "favourite" "it's in your head".  Now back in 2006 when I was diagnosed with anxiety hearing people say things like that upset me but not now.  Below I will tell you how I respond to some of the nasty comments.


"Try to be normal" - Define normal and I can guarantee you won't fit into that category as there is no such thing as normal.

"Stop being anxious" - I will stop being anxious if you stop being ignorant, not so easy is it?

"It's all in your head" - Wow really? There was me thinking it was all in my big toe!


I also like to point out that mental health conditions can be treated with medication, counselling and support but ignorance is a life long illness that can't be cured and will ruin their life as no one likes an ignorant person.

WE are not the ones with the problem, they are.

Be yourself, your condition is something you live with it is not who you are!






2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post. People don't seem to take mental health serious enough which ruins me every single day. Much love for this. Good on you.

    David @
    Something More Than Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. No they dont take it seriously enough. it should be treated like any other illness. Things need to change.

      Delete